Friday, September 13, 2013

Stuff



I was buried in STUFF...

A 1977 Nissan 280Z I planned on restoring taking up a spot in my garage that had been there for about six years.
A completely restored 1977 Porsche taking up the other half that I seldom drove.


A 1989 fully restored Chevy Silverado pickup truck that I had put only 3000 miles on in the last four years.
A Class A RV that mice were more at home in than me.
A canoe resting on the side of my garden shed covered with moss and mildew.
A storage area with boxes and boxes of stuff packed away years before.
A collection of at least 100 cameras collected over the years  and never looked at anymore.
Fourteen hundred square feet out of 2800 sq ft of furnished living space that I never used.
A 16 x 16 garden shed stuffed with garden tools and machines that hardly ever saw the light of day.
Mechanical tools that would have equipped three garages.
Six sledge hammers (what one man needs that many)

MORE STUFF  !!!

Probably 30-40 pairs of shoes.
Twenty suits.
Sixty t-shirts ( I counted )
Two laundry baskets of socks.  Some I had literally had for more than twenty years.
One laundry basket of underwear.
Shirts too numerous to bother counting.
A closet full of nothing but winter coats.

AND MORE STUFF  !!!

Pennies.  I took 4600 toCoinStar to be converted to cash.  Could barely carry the bag.
Shelves and shelves  of books that I had never read and never would.
Magazines that probably filled two large garbage bins.



No comments:

Post a Comment