Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Yeah, I'm Gonna Miss 'em


I guess those of us who make the transition from living in a sticks and bricks built home all have to give up things to get all those benefits of the RV lifestyle.  What we give up will depend on the type of rig we choose... the bigger and more luxurious the rig the fewer compromises one makes.  But, in the end, everything is a compromise isn't it?  There is no getting around it though, there are things I will miss.  Here are the top ten things on my list that are recorded here in no particular order.


THE TOP TEN THINGS I WILL MISS 




#1 - Luxurious showers that can last as long as I want them too with no concern about filling up a holding tank or running out of hot water.  All that space in a home shower will be missed too.












#2 - High pressure toilets that require no special attention, require no special toilet tissue that will foul the tank sensors and will not exceed a holding tank capacity.













#3 - Washers and dryers that work, do not require you to drive to them and then feed them coins.













#4 - High speed, dependable internet service where you can use all the bandwidth you want watching movies or uploading to a blog.












#5 - Home package and mail delivery 24/7.  Amazon and eBay deliveries... no problemo, just leave it at the front door if not at home!
















#6 - A garage and shop for all the things I like to build and/or repair.  A dry place for the car is not bad either.








#7 - A large refrigerator and freezer combo that holds all the food, drinks, ice and fresh cold water that I could want for.











#8 - A pantry that I can fill with all those food and household items that I find at those big box stores.
(Half of which that just waste away and become dated.)  OK, maybe I won't miss it so much.











#9 - Privacy!  I like lots of it!  It will be sorely missed.  









#10 - ... and of course, family and friends.  I'll miss the ones I have left behind but I will look forward to spending time with others while on the road.




No comments:

Post a Comment